Balancing work and play, healthy eating and that good-looking cake, the ups and downs, high and lows the good with the bad. But when we find those moments of balance and flow doesn’t everything feel…well, better?
Our bodies sure think so. The health of your body and skin is directly linked to maintaining the right balance between acidity and alkalinity.
CoralTree believes in the restorative quality of Apple Cider Vinegar. It assists our bodies in achieving a harmonious pH balance. A pH-balanced body is better able to achieve homeostasis–the body’s state of being able to function and heal at optimal level.
pH101: Finding Balance
pH stands for “potential hydrogen” and is used to describe the acid-alkaline ratio of a substance. It ranges from 0 (the most acidic) to 14 (the most alkaline). It’s the amount of positively charged hydrogen ions (acid) and negatively charged hydroxyl ions (alkaline) we carry.
We don’t say acid bad, alkaline good.
PH varies throughout your body. Our bodies deal with alkaline and acid substances all the time – we wouldn’t be alive without them. Some areas are more acidic to keep bacteria away, such as your skin. Hydrochloric acid in the stomach breaks down food. But life is a balancing act. For optimal cellular health, your blood pH must be slightly alkaline with a pH of just under 7.4.
But we bombard our bodies with things that raise our acid levels: stress, lifestyle choices, environment, chemicals and food. A diet high in acid foods, such as sugar, meats, grains and coffee cause an improper pH balance in our tissues. If pH levels stay high over a long period normal cell structure and function are damaged
The effects on the body include:
- nutrient loss,
- microbes, fungus and yeast all proliferate,
- and could cause problems with the body’s electrical systems that affect our cellular regeneration.
How ACV can help
It seems strange. Vinegar is a diluted acid. It’s that acetic acid that you can taste and smell. But it has a very different effect on the body than a high acid food such as sugar.
The acetic acid in apple cider vinegar actually is alkaline-forming in the body. when the acv has been fully metabolized and its minerals are dissociated in the bloodstream, the effect is alkalizing
ACV is also full of phytochemicals (beneficial compounds in plants) that scientists are now discovering can be our strongest weapons against cancer.
Like other acids, acetic acid can increase your body’s absorption of important minerals from the foods you eat
5 ways to use CoralTree ACV for acid-alkaline balance
- Start your day with a teaspoon of apple cider vinegar in water with a splash of lemon and some honey to sweeten. This daily tonic will put a spring in your step by cleansing your digestive system, firing up your metabolism, and neutralising excess acids.
- Cola cravings? Try the AppleBee range for the refreshing flavour without all that acid-producing sugar.
- Drinking a mild tonic of vinegar and water just before meals will improve your body’s ability to absorb the essential minerals locked in foods. Apple cider vinegar helps you get more out of your leafy greens! Try adding a splash to your green smoothies.
- Apple cider vinegar is a great all-round ingredient in the kitchen a great salad dressing and delicious drizzled over cooked greens. You can even make a vinegar-based coleslaw, rather than the usual mayonnaise-based one. Great on fish and a good tenderising marinade for meat.
- Adding a dash of vinegar into your cooking increases flavours and lessens the need to add (acid-causing) salt. The sourness balances out sweet or salty flavours and can make the flavours in your dish really pop.
Want to know more about Acid-Alkaline balance? We’ve found these all really helpful?
- The Ultimate pH Solution by Michelle Schoffro-Cook
- The Acid-Akaline Diet for Optimum Health by Christopher Vasey
- Healing is Voltage by Jerry Tennant